Canvas - Importing PowerSchool Gradebook Assignment Groups
At the beginning of the year, at the change of semesters or at other times as instructed to by NSO, you will have to import the assignment groups that are in PowerSchool into Canvas.
All assignments that you want to sync back to PowerSchool must be in an assignment group that syncs with PowerSchool. You will also have to set the assignment group weighting.
1. Log in to your Canvas
2. Click on the Assignments page
3. At the top right, click on the three dots next to the + Assignment button, and select Import Assignment Groups
4. You can check on the progress of the import on the Monitoring and Reporting page. When it has finished importing, you will see a green check mark.
(If there is no Monitoring and Reporting page on your navigation menu, please review this article (link)
5. On the Assignments page, click on the three dots next to the + Assignment button, and select Assignment Groups Weight
6. Click the box next to Weight final grade based on assignment groups.
For each Assignment Group, enter the correct percentage as per your school's and department's requirement. Be sure that they total to 100%. Click Save